Short Term Visa
If you are planning a short visit to Sweden for up to 90 days or less and you do not have the nationality of one of the countries of the European Economic Area (EEA), you may need to apply for a Schengen visa. Sweden is one of the 26 European countries forming the Schengen Area which have no border controls between them. These countries also issue a common visa, the Schengen visa for a stay of up to 90 days during a period of 6 months from the date of the first entry into the territory of the Schengen States. Please note that the following essentials must be met by all applicants submitting their applications for visa.
- Passport should have at least two blank pages.
- Passport should be valid for at least 3 months from the date on which the applicant intends to leave the SCHENGEN territory, or, in the case of multiple journeys the date on which the applicant intends to leave it for the last time.
- Applications are only accepted within 3 months of the requested date of arrival
- Relevant Forms & Photograph
- Application will be accepted only until 15 days (excluding VFS handling time) before the date of travel.
- Applicants applying for Schengen Visa have to complete the visa application form and affix recent photograph.